Frets on Fire lets you become a rock star guitarist, just like the popular Guitar Hero games for PlayStation.
For those of you not lucky enough to have experienced Guitar Hero on PlayStation, Frets On Fire for PC is a great way to give it a try. This fun guitar game lets you feel like the next Jimi Hendrix or Slash by pounding away on your keyboard to some cool rock tunes.
When you launch Frets on Fire, your keyboard becomes your guitar, with the F1-F12 function keys turning into the frets that play out the guitar sections. An equal parts amusing and informative tutorial with master guitar instructor Jurgen will teach you how to get comfortable with Frets on Fire's game controls. Jurgen will also throw hundreds of notes at you all at once and insult you in hilarious ways that really add to the entire Frets on Fire experience.
Unfortunately, Frets on Fire only comes with 3 songs included. You have the option to import more though, as well as make use of the built-in editor to create your own unique tunes. For up and coming Eddie Van Halens, the editor gives you the chance to compose your own tracks. Less advanced users might prefer modifying existing ones though, because it gives you a pattern to work with instead of starting from scratch.
Frets on Fire also has a portable version available so you can take the game with you wherever you go.
Frets on Fire is really a really entertaining game that lets you play out your greatest rock star fantasies, all from the comfort of your Windows PC.
- Wrote concise instructions for building and installing the game.
- Removed runtime SVG support. All images must be pre-rasterized as PNG graphics now. This also removes the dependency on Amanith, making the game simpler to build and package.
- Reworked the build system. Now an installation package can be created with a single command for Windows and Mac OS X.
- Added textured fretboard strings and bars.
- Updated the translations.
- Effects optimization
- Font rendering optimization
- Miscellaneous bug fixes
- Added import support for Guitar Hero 80s
- Translation updates
- World Charts standing is now reported after each game
- Fixed some bugs with the tapping implementation
- Audio performance and stability fixes
- Song chooser filter enhanced
- Introduced new World Charts
- Linux packaging fixes